Sunday, September 2, 2012

The 31 Day Challenge - Day 2 (Orange)

I decided to use another polish from The Germany Collection by OPI for today's challenge. Deutsche You Want Me Baby? (DYWMB) is a rich orange polish with a silly name. It's the perfect shade for fall. It reminds me of pumpkins and has that great shimmer that gives it a glow. To make it extra special and even more perfect for the fall, I added one coat of Lynnderella Cauldron Drippings. I didn't use brushstrokes to apply Cauldron Drippings, I dabbed it on to spread the glitter out evenly. As usual, I topped it off with a coat of Seche Vite. If I were to wear this for more than a day, I'd put two coats of Seche Vite to smooth it out.


 I really love how these two polishes look together. I may even do this again for Halloween. Both polishes had a great formula and were very easy to work with.


I'm in love with Cauldron Drippings. It's such a shame that it's so impossible to get now. If you have an extra grand laying around (snorts), you might find it here. I fortunately got this before Llarowe stopped carrying it. There are so many great indie polish makers that are releasing amazing Halloween polishes that I recommend grabbing one of those to recreate this look. It would definitely be easier to get and much more affordable.


Here is DYWMB by itself:



This is what I did for  Day 2 of the challenge last year:

Can you tell I did this last Halloween? ;)

How do you guys feel about orange polish? Do you wear it? What's your favorite shade?

Thanks for reading! 

-Mira

5 comments:

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.