Wednesday, September 12, 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 12 Stripes

Today's mani is a bit funky. You will probably either love it or hate it. I'm in the loving it camp. It is full of the things I adore: red, black, glitter, and rhinestones. I think it's awesome. You be the judge! 



I began with a base coat of Elmer's Glue. No, that is not a typo. Want to know why I did that? Click here to find out. If you haven't heard about using regular kid's glue as a base coat be prepared to have your mind blown and your life with glitter forever changed. Do I sound dramatic enough? ;)

 After my glue dried, I put on two coats of Butter London Knees Up and one coat of Seche Vite top coat. After that was completely dry, I put three strips of striping tape on each nail. One piece was placed in the middle of the nail. The other two were placed on a diagonal. 


 Butter London Gobsmacked was the next step. I applied two coats as quickly as possible (you don't want the polish to dry on top of striping tape) and then carefully removed the tape.


 I then put on Seche Vite for my top coat and quickly set the rhinestones on the nail. I made sure to put another coat of Seche Vite on to secure the rhinestones. 


 Let's talk formula. Knees Up applied flawlessly. It's a gorgeous metallic red. Red being my favorite color, I have a lot of red polish. I see a pretty red polish in the store and it's tough getting out of there without it. Yesterday, I caved because Ulta had a BOGO for Butter London. If you are not like me and don't have very many reds, I recommend Knees Up. 

Gobsmacked also had a fabulous formula. Applied perfectly, no complaints or advice here. Butter London describes it as "a heavily pigmented charcoal grey glitter with a slightly textured finish." I recommend Gobsmacked as well if you are looking for a fun glitter. This will get a lot of use from me doing Halloween manis. 

What do you think of my funky striped mani? I won't cry if you don't like it, I promise. Maybe if everyone said that I'd shed a tear or two. <;)

Thanks for reading! Please subscribe to my blog and "like" me on Facebook

Your support means more to me than you'll ever know. 

-Mira 


3 comments:

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.