Friday, September 21, 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 20 Water Marble

I have been dreading this. My last and only water marble attempt didn't turn out well so I was nervous about how this would go. It's still not fabulous but it's an improvement. That's what counts right? 

I started off by painting two coats of OPI Alpine Snow. I wanted to have a base color just in case the marbling tore or slipped or something. The thought is the base color will hide the mess up. After that dried, I used a combination of China Glaze Flyin' High, For Audrey, and White Cap (that didn't show up) and OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls. 

I taped the sides of my index finger too close to the nail so I had a border of Alpine Snow on both sides. It looked really bad so I added little dots of ChG Flyin' High and For Audrey to try to cover it up. It's a total mess but my other nails turned out pretty cute I think. Not bad for my second try, right? =)



Well, I'm glad that's over with! This is not my favorite technique. If you're good at it, it looks amazing. To get good means to practice. I have no desire to practice this, it's too messy and such a pain!

I hope you liked it! I'm not sure what's going on with my pinky, there is a cool design on it but my camera blurred it out. Bah!

Thanks for reading! 
Please subscribe and visit me on Facebook!

-Mira

1 comment:

  1. Cool design but yeah, it looks hard! I don't have much patience so I probably won't be trying that any time soon, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.