Tuesday, September 18, 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 17 Glitter

I love glitter and have so many untrieds to show you. I kept staring at my polish racks trying to decide what to do for this challenge. Notice I skipped tribal nails? I don't feel guilty about that at all. It would have been a disaster. My very first order from Lacquistry came in the mail yesterday and I decided to wear one of them right away. I of course, picked the red glitter. Well, I thought this was going to be a lot redder than it is. It's more of a burnt orange. I love it, I just expected a rich red glitter from the pictures I saw. I've been drooling over Lacquistry's polish for a while now. I just happened to see the notice that the shop was opened right when it was opened. When does that happen?! I was so excited to be able to order from Jenna (the genius behind Lacquistry). She created six fall themed polishes and sold them in sets of three. I wanted all six but decided to get the set I wanted more. My order came quickly without any issues. The packaging was adorable and kept my polish safe. I did take pictures for a "nail mail" post. If I have the chance again, I will happily order more polish from her. There are so many gorgeous creations. Make sure you check her out (her links are at the end of this post).  


Spiced Candy Apply Cider was very easy to apply. The glitter is very dense so you don't need anything underneath. I used two thick coats to achieve this look with one coat of Seche Vite. It was still a little bumpy so two coats of Seche Vite would have been best. It is very sparkly, I wish my picture showed that more. There is so much going on in terms of how this was constructed. There is a lot of fine glitter and pigments and larger pieces of glitter mixed in. It's a beautiful glitter that reminds me of a crisp fall day. 

Lacquistry is sold on Etsy, here. The shop is currently closed. I suggest checking her Facebook page to find out about when she will be opened again. 

Thanks for reading!

Please subscribe and "like" me on Facebook! Your support is appreciated!

-Mira








1 comment:

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.