Sunday, September 30, 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 30 Inspired by a Tutorial

Last year The Nailasaurus did an amazing mani inspired by Michael Kohrs. I have been wanting to recreate this look ever since. Today's challenge gave me the perfect opportunity to do it so here we are!

Here is a link to her awesomeness: 

If you aren't familiar with her blog you need to add it to your google reader or whatever you use and check it out. It's one of my favorite nail blogs. 

Here is my take on it:


 I love love love how it looks in black. It is fierce in black.
 I wanted to see how it would look in red.

 This is Zoya Sasha. It seems like a crelly (creme/jelly) to me.
 It applies smoothly and is opaque in three coats. It is very glossy and beautiful. 
I love this color. 

 I used gold micro beads from Michael's. As you can see I had major top coat bubbles on my spirit finger but the others were fine. I used OPI top coat because I needed it to dry slowly so I could apply the beads. When all of the beads were in place, I used Cult Nails Wicked Fast over my entire nail to seal the beads.

 I am pretty happy with this. If I were to do it over again I'd space the beads further apart like The Nailasaurus did. I think it looks better and it would take less time. Less leaning over my nails = less pain. 

I was pretty proud of myself until I looked at my nails through the lens of my camera. Instead of having awesome "spike" nails I just saw a bunch of strawberries. *sigh* 

Did I just ruin it for you or did you see strawberries immediately? Should I make little stems? J/K

Thanks for reading! 

Please subscribe and visit me on Facebook. 

-Mira

3 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! I definitely don't have the ambition to go through and place that many beads on my nails... and yours look so evenly spaced! I definitely didn't think strawberries until you said it, and I still don't think it looks overly strawberry-like. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I didn't think strawberries at all. You're funny! I like this look. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.