Monday, September 24, 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 23/24 Inspired by a Book/Movie

I decided to combine the two challenge days which I know isn't what you're supposed to do. It was a hard weekend pain wise and I didn't feel well enough to do my nails a lot so here we are! I was inspired by The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy and movies. The first book has been made into a movie both in Sweden and here in the U.S. All three books were turned into movies in Sweden, we just haven't made the next two in the states yet. I won't go into the books and movies too much. I will warn you that they are very intense and contain violence and language. The Swedish movies are quite graphic so if that bothers you I'd recommend not watching them. I had to close my eyes a lot. I'm not sure where to find the Swedish movies. They were put on my husband's computer and I don't know where they originally came from. I'm sure Google will know where they are. 

Ok, about the nails. I have never tried to freehand on my nails. It intimidates me and I didn't have the strength to attempt it this time (sitting hurts). I looked for stamps to represent the dragon and hornet but I don't have anything that worked. So, I just worked with the colors and then put a Swedish flag on my pinky. The fire nail turned out really cool though. ;)





If you're not familiar with the books, this is what each nail represents. Index Finger: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (I was going for a dragon scale look), Spirit Finger: The Girl who Played with Fire, Ring Finger: The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, and then the Swedish flag on my pinky to represent the setting of the books. I am sure that was very grammatically incorrect, please forgive me for that. 


Polishes Used:
Index Finger
Zoya Holy
Orly Mermaid Tale

Spirit Finger
Orly Liquid Vinyl
China Glaze Electrify

Ring Finger
China Glaze Concrete Catwalk
OPI Metallic 4 Life

Pinky
China Glaze Happy Go Lucky
China Glaze Flyin' High

Have you read the books or seen the movie(s)? What did you think of them? 

Thanks for reading!

Please subscribe and visit me on Facebook!

-Mira

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks awesome! I've never read/seen The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but the colors look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your middle finger is my favorite for sure! I've seen the American version of this film and really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! The fire nail looks awesome btw! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.