Thursday, September 20, 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 19 Galaxy Nails

I think I cheated on this one. I didn't feel up to doing the typical galaxy nail mani with all the sponging so I just used a glitter polish. I used a glitter polish with drama attached to it. I broke down and bought some Lynnderellas and they are stunning. 

When the Moon was a Star is amazing. It's formula is a little tricky because the blue glitter is so dense it tends to cover the silver glitter. I wanted the little stars to show so I had to push the blue glitter off of them with the brush which wasn't a big deal. There is plenty of silver glitter (stars, moons, hex) as well. I thought I'd have to fish for the moons and large stars but they came out just fine. 





I used two coats of Zoya Ibiza which is a dark shimmery blue. When the Moon was a Star applied very nicely. I needed two thick coats of Seche Vite to get a smooth finish. Oh and for my base coat,  Elmer's Glue baby! I peeled this off without a problem. 

Thanks for reading!

-Mira

1 comment:

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.