Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

In the last week, I've received two nominations for the Liebster Blog Award. Liebster, a German word for “most favorite” is an award for new bloggers with less than 200 followers. Thank you Nail Alchemy and The Life of a Polish Addict! for nominating me. 

Here are the rules:
  1. Post eleven facts about your self.
  2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for the people you’ve nominated.
  3. Choose eleven people to give the award to (with fewer than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
  4. Go to their page and tell them.
  5. Remember no tag backs.
11 Facts About Me

  1. I was an elementary school teacher (1st and 2nd grade) for seven years.
  2. I was friends with my husband for seven years before we started dating.
  3. I've been a Stampin' Up! demonstrator for five years. I haven't taught classes or sold anything for several years. It's just a hobby right now and I'm probably going to drop it.
  4. I've always had to have a creative outlet. From oil painting to cross stitching, I've always had an artistic hobby.
  5. I have two cats and one dog. 
  6. I've been married for three years.
  7. I used to work in a jail. 
  8. My all time favorite tv show is Friends. I own all ten seasons and watch it alllllll the time. 
  9. I grew up in Oceanside, CA and now live near Salt Lake City, UT.
  10. I've had two spine surgeries and need more. I have eight different diagnoses for my Lumbar Spine alone. As a result, I do not work and am in constant pain. Doing my nails and this blog helps me stay sane. =)
  11. I love to swim. 
Here are the questions that Nail Alchemy asked me:
1. Do you tell you friends and family about your blog? I tell everyone!

2. How often do you shop for beauty products? I do the majority of my shopping online. My buying pattern is completely random. 



3. Do you vote? Yes
4. How often do you do your nails? Usually every other day. It depends on my pain level. Sometimes I'll go up to a week without painting them when it's really bad. 
5. Who is your style inspiration? Other bloggers. =)
6. What's you sign? Taurus
7. What is your dream vacation? New York City or Hawaii. 
8. Would you ever have any plastic surgery? Absolutely. 
10. Favorite season? When I was a teacher it was Summer. Now, it's Fall. 
11. What is your favorite Author or Book?  I love to read but I don't have a favorite book or author. What I love changes often. 

Now for the questions from Nail Polish Addict:

1. How may nail polishes do you own? Around 500, no I don't have credit card debt. =)


2.What is your favorite nail polish of all time? Uhhhh......probably OPI DS Orignal. 

3.What is your favorite season? Fall

4. How much $$$$ would you spend on your favorite nail polish? $30 tops

5. How do you store your polish? In racks on my wall. 

6. How often do you paint your nails? Usually every other day. 

7. Do you ever pick off your polish? Nope!

8. How did you get started with nail blogging? I needed something I could do in bed. I love painting my nails and it seemed like a good fit. 

9. What is your favorite fall nail polish? I don't know. I don't do my nails according to season or what's in style. I do what I feel like in that moment. 

10. What do you think is going to be the biggest fall nail trend this year? I have no idea, I don't pay attention to trends. 

11. What is your cutest nail design? I don't do a ton of nail art but I thought my easter nails were pretty cute. 





Here are my nominations:

2. Beads.Nails.Food.
3. Wickless & Polished!
4. Lacquology 
5. Daily Something
6. Playing with Polish
7. Polish me Lovely 

I went through my blog reader and only found six blogs that have less than 200 subscribers. I didn't want to spend all night finding new blogs just to fill a requirement of this award. As I discover blogs that I love with less than 200 subscribers, I will add them to this list. I hope that's ok. =)

Here are my list of questions:

1. Why do you love about painting your nails/ nail polish?
2. What is your favorite color of nail polish?
3. What is your favorite brand of nail polish?
4. How old were you when you started collecting nail polish?
5. What other hobbies do you have?
6. Have you ever met any of your blog readers or fellow bloggers? If you haven't, who would you like to meet?
7. Why did you decide to start a blog?
8. What kind of camera do you have?
9. What is your favorite food?
10. Where was your favorite vacation? 
11. What is your biggest polish lemming? 

Thanks again for the nominations!

-Mira

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I love that you have around 500 nail polishes! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.