Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 9 - Rainbow

Yesterday The Muppets Collection (OPI) finally came to Ulta. I have found some of them at other places but had yet to see the collection in it's entirety (until yesterday). I picked up a few of my favorites and can't wait to swatch them all for you. Rainbow Connection is one of the polishes I purchased and I just had to use it for today's challenge. I put one coat on top of two coats of black (Nicole By OPI - Razzle Dazzle). It is very similar to Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday (from what I've seen online) but isn't as pricey. It has bigger pieces of hex glitter and it looks like there may be different colors. I haven't seen Happy Birthday in person so I can't say that for sure. In addition to taking pictures of it on on top of black, I layered it over several other colors on a wheel. Many people have reported that the glitter is hard to apply but I didn't have any problems with it. I didn't have to use my brush to push the glitter around, it went on pretty evenly on it's own. I used Seche Vite as a top coat. I only used one coat but could have used another to get rid of the bumpiness. If you love glitter as much as I do, I'd pick this one up. My Ulta had every color but I've heard that they are disappearing quickly. Enjoy the pictures!!!

 Inside, no flash.



 Left to right: One, two, three, and four coats (four is way tooooo much I think).
 Left to right: My Address is Hollywood (OPI), Play the Peonies (OPI), For Audrey (China Glaze), Happy Go Lucky (China Glaze) and Snow White (Zoya). Each swatch has two coats of the base color and one coat of Rainbow Connection.
Left to right: Happy Go Lucky (China Glaze), Snow White (Zoya), and Meep, Meep, Meep (OPI).

I think it works on all of the base colors. My favorite is black, what is your favorite? 

2 comments:

  1. I like this one too! Maybe I want this one next time, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I like it on black the best too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.