Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 18 - Half Moon Mani

This is another challenge that I have been looking forward to do. This is the first time trying this manicure. I love how many options there are for this. The day I planned on making my half moon manicure, my package from Cult Nails arrived with Clairvoyant/Unicorn Puke and three other polishes! One of the other polishes that came in the package is called Time Traveler. It is a beautiful navy blue creme. I immediately thought about how beautiful it would be to layer Clairvoyant on top of Time Traveler. If you aren't familiar with Unicorn Puke/Clairvoyant it is a flaky polish in a blue base. It looks best layered on top of a dark colors in my opinion. It's a must have for anyone who loves polish but it can be hard to get.





How I did it: I put on two coats of Time Traveler over my whole nail and then a fast drying top coat (Seche Vite). When this was completely dry, I put on the paper hole reinforcement stickers on each nail. Then I put on a thick coat of Clairvoyant/Unicorn Puke above the sticker. I took the sticker off immediately. After I finished this step, I put another coat of Seche Vite. 

On one hand I put small black rhinestones along the line of the half moon. I think it distracts the eye away from the star which is Clairvoyant/U.P. So the hand without the rhinestones is my favorite. 

What do you think? Do you like half moon manis? Do you like this look with or without the black rhinestones? Let me know by leaving a comment! 

If you like this blog, please subscribe to this blog and "like" me on Facebook. A quick Facebook button will be added to this blog shortly. I have a giveaway ready for when we hit 50 followers! I can't wait!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Perty! Grace just said "Hey I like those kinds." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I think the beads would be alllll over your house. It's hard to get those off so maybe it would just drive her crazy. lol

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.