Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 7 - Black and White

I had a bit of frustration with this one which was surprising because I thought it would be easy. I had an idea in my head which is half the battle but I just couldn't get it to come out the way I would have liked. I took some pictures of my first try before I cleaned up around my cuticles just to see if I wanted to post it. I took if off out of frustration and decided to take the easy way out and do a simple shatter. I of course regret that now and wish I would have just tried my idea again. ;) I'm going to include a picture of what I was trying to do and then the easy shatter as a compromise.

Here is the first attempt: 

I was trying to do black and white flowers using a striper brush and black rhinestones. I don't think  they look like flowers and my brush strokes are a bit sloppy. I will get better with practice. I've only used the striper brush a few times. ;) 

Here is my real picture of today's challenge:
 Before I did this look, I alternated black and white on my nails for my base color. Then, I put white shatter on the black base and black shatter on the white base. My white shatter didn't well, shatter! It had a few lines but no separation. Has anyone else experienced this with white shatter (OPI) or do I just have a funky bottle? It didn't look presentable at all so that was removed immediately and here we go! I think it's a really fun look, I just wanted to do something a little more impressive than this.

Supplies: OPI Envy (base coat), Zoya's Snow White, OPI Black Shatter, Poshe (Top Coat)

I do love how easy this look is, there are so many funky combos that you can do now that everyone is making a shatter, crackle, etc. One of my favorite combos is OPI's Rally Pretty Pink with Red Shatter on top. Do you have a favorite combination? Feel free to post pictures to my facebook page, I'd love to see them!

Tomorrow is metallic and then the challenge gets more challenging. Eeep!

Thanks for reading!



3 comments:

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.