Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 19 - Galaxy Nails

Galaxy Nails is a manicure that looks intimidating but it's surprisingly simple. I enjoyed making this mani for today's challenge. I know it's not the best galaxy nail art out there but it's my first try and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. I have some ideas on how to make it better next time which is always what I want to get out of these challenges. Learn and improve right? I watched a tutorial in preparation for this challenge because I wasn't sure how to go about this design. I watched this tutorial from Cute Polish: http://www.youtube.com/user/cutepolish#p/search/0/3EMgt4_jW5U  I basically followed her instructions step by step. Mine isn't as awesome as hers but I like it!

Here are the pics, supply list will be underneath the last picture. 




Supplies:

OPI Envy - Base Coat
NOPI - Razzle Dazzle for black base color (2 coats)
Zoya - Snow White
China Glaze - Happy Go Lucky
China Glaze - Peachy Keen
Cult Nails - Time Traveler
Small dotting tool for stars (used with Zoya Snow White)
China Glaze - Fairy Dust for top coat (bottle shown in pictures)
Makeup Sponge (wedges) for sponging 

Thanks for reading! 
If you like this blog, please subscribe to my blog and "like" me on Facebook. A handy Facebook button will be added to the blog soon. 


3 comments:

  1. It looks really good! Especially for a first try! I have yet to try galaxy nails; maybe one day I'll get up the nerve to try it. :)

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Groovy dude! Grace's comment: "Whoooaaaa... those are pretty cool. I like those ones." lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I love Grace comments! Her nails need to grow just a little bit more to fit all of those colors. She wants me to stamp her nails but doesn't understand how small her nails are compared to those stamps. I need to find a tiny one for her. =)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.