Monday, March 4, 2013

Cult Nails Blaze

Have you tried Cult Nails yet? If the answer is no, you are missing out! Cult Nails recently celebrated their 2nd anniversary and released a set of three polishes to celebrate. They also came with cubic zirconia earrings with the chance to win real diamond earrings (while supplies lasted). That promotion is over but the polish is still available. I got the fakie earrings which I will probably give to someone someday. They are pretty, I just don't wear jewelry. I'd make an exception for diamonds of course.

One of the polishes in the anniversary set is Blaze. The other two (I will show you them soon) are a plain white creme and an amazing black with a rubbery finish.

Pardon my nails. They aren't getting along with winter and I'm trying to grow them back out and reshape them.

Alright, back to the good stuff...

Blaze is a glitter polish with gold, copper, and perhaps red micro glitter in a clear base. I used two coats to reach opacity and topped it off with Cult Nails Wicked Fast top coat.


Here it is with flash so you can see how sparkly it is. It's a lot more sparkly in person.

I used the cotton ball/foil method to remove the glitter. The glitter got all over my skin during removal which wasn't a big deal. It came off without too much difficulty.

Let's talk formula. I wore this twice. The first time, it applied beautifully. No problems with the formula at all. The second time I wore it, the formula was a nightmare. It was goopy and very difficult to apply. After a generous amount of polish thinner, it returned to it's fabulous self. This is very unlike Cult Nails so I'm a bit puzzled on what happened. I was able to fix it so I'm still happy with it.

Thanks for reading!

Please subscribe and visit me on my Facebook page!

-Mira

2 comments:

  1. I adore these super-fine ultra-sparkly glitters. It looks really pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.