Monday, March 11, 2013

Zoya London

This week I have Zoya's PixieDust Collection to show you. I went back and forth on whether or not I should do the whole collection in one post or have a post for each polish. Then I started editing the pictures and decided each polish just needed to have it's own post. I have too many pictures and it would just get out of control so welcome to Zoya PixieDust week! ;)

Before I get into Zoya London, I want to tell you about the fancy bottles Zoya used for this collection. As you can see, they printed PixieDust on the bottle with a few speckles around the word. I thought that was a nice touch. The caps are a little different as well. Instead of the smooth glossy plastic, it's a more rubbery texture. Moving on to the good stuff now!

Ok, first up is Zoya London. 

Without Top Coat
Zoya London is the color of wet concrete. Add texture and a ton of sparkle and you get this fabulous polish. 


 My pictures just don't show the sparkle which makes me sad. Each PixieDust shade is infused with silver micro glitter that makes these extra special. You can see the silver glitter in the bottle right above the words Professional Lacquer. 


 The texture is like a fine sandpaper. It isn't too rough in my opinion. It didn't snag on anything which I loved. I wore Zoya London for a few days before I put on top coat to see how it wore and because I liked it. It wears like iron. I got a teeny tiny little chip on the third day. 

With Top Coat
So far, I've preferred wearing textured polish with top coat. Yep, I know, that defeats the purpose of wearing a textured nail polish! I like my polish shiny and glossy, what can I say? With this particular polish, I liked it without top coat better. It's fun both ways, I just liked the texture this time. Maybe I'm just getting used to it. 

 Let's talk formula. The formulas in this collection were a bit inconsistent. For Zoya London, the formula was fabulous. It went on without a problem. I only needed two coats. All of the PixieDust polishes needed extra dry time (I'll restate that with each post). As for top coat, I needed two coats of Seche Vite to make it completely smooth. 

Something funny happened when I wore this polish. My husband noticed it. He is used to my polish shenanigans and usually doesn't pay any attention to it. One night, he grabbed my hand and started rubbing my nails with his fingers. He thought the texture was cool. Then, the stinker started trying to scratch it off to see what would happen. After I beat him nicely asked him to stop, I checked my nails and they were chip free. Men. ;p

What do you think of Zoya London? Have you tried any of the PixieDusts yet? Share your thoughts in the comments below. Comments are good. They give you good karma. Just sayin.

Thanks for reading! 

Please visit me on my Facebook Page and subscribe to this lil blog if you feel inclined!

-Mira

Follow on Bloglovin

*Products provided for review. 

3 comments:

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.