Monday, March 18, 2013

Emily de Molly Black Forest


Emily de Molly is an indie brand I discovered several months ago. Black Forest is the first polish I saw from this brand and I couldn't wait to get it. Unfortunately, it took about four months to finally successfully purchase it. Indie brands are usually one person and they can only make so much product. It's especially hard when they aren't made in the country you live in. You have to wait for shipments to come to a local stockist and then you might have a window of seconds to buy what you want. It seems silly to sit at a computer during a specific window of time for the small chance you'll get to buy a bottle of polish. It is silly and that's ok with me. There are so many other beautiful polishes from Emily de Molly that I hope to get someday. Perhaps when the hype calms down I'll be able to get the ones on my list. Until then, here is Black Forest. 


Black Forest has a black jelly base and green hex glitter. I used one coat of Cult Nails Nevermore (black creme) as my base color and then applied three very thin coats of Black Forest. Top coat is Seche Vite as usual. 

 I wish I had only used two coats of Black Forest but I got a little crazy with the glitter. 

 This polish is far more beautiful in person. With the base being so dark and most of the glitter being underneath it, it's hard to photograph (for me). I love how the green glitter is hidden in the layers of the black jelly base, it gives it a lot of depth and interest. I heart it.

My cat, Mouse wanted to say hello. He was head butting my hand which made it extremely hard to take pictures. He thinks he needs to have attention 24/7. Stinker.

What do you think of Black Forest? Do you have any Emily de Molly polishes? I seriously want them all. Cosmic Forces is the one I want the very most. Which one is your favorite?

Emily de Molly nail polish is made in Australia. I live in the U.S. so I purchased Black Forest on Llarowe

Thanks for reading!

-Mira

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.