Sunday, December 30, 2012

My Top 10 of 2012

I almost didn't make this list. Almost. This is a hard list to make for so many reasons. First of all, there are so many amazing polishes that came out this past year. There are so many new brands. The indie nail polish world exploded to the point where I felt overwhelmed looking at everything at times (in a good way). I also didn't swatch everything I bought in 2012. There are many polishes that deserve to be on this list that I just don't have pictures of yet. With that said, this list consists of my favorite polishes (in alphabetical order) that I swatched and posted this year!  I included the link to the original post in the name of the nail polish if you'd like to have more information. 



1. A England Dragon

This entire collection (The Legend) is stunning. This picture doesn't do this beauty any justice. It has a beautiful holographic effect that I failed to capture. You can find Dragon and more from A England here. Check it out, they are amazing!


I'm Not Lion came out with the On Safari collection. If you like holographic polishes, I recommend tracking this down. As you can see it's intense sparkle wigged out my camera. 


You can still find this amazing green polish in the stores right now. I found mine at Sally's Beauty Supply. It is an amazing emerald glass fleck with a fabulous gold shimmer. If you like green polish, you need this in your collection. 


There are many pink holos on the market that look just like this one. Why did I pick this as one of my favorites? If you've ever tried a holo as strong as the polish above you will know what a pain application is. This one applies like butter and you don't need a special base coat. Oh and it lasts for more than a day. That makes Halo-Graphic a huge win in my book. 

5. Cult Nails Deal With It
Bright lime green is not my thing which is why Deal With It surprised me so much. It's gold shimmer is out of this world making it a fave for me.

6. Lush Lacquer Sea Breeze
 I heart this. I love this color, I love glitter, and it reminds me of the ocean.

This tiny little bottle (bottle not shown) of multichrome goodness had the nail world in a tizzy. I was lucky enough to have a fellow polish lover mail this to me from the U.K. 


Have you discovered Pam's polishes yet? Her homemade polish is a work of art. I couldn't resist adding Seuss to my collection and my top ten. 


Do I need to explain why I love this so much? 

Or this? Good job Zoya. I love you even more now.

Do you own any of the polishes on my list? Do you love them as much as I do? Tell me which polishes from 2012 are your favorites in the comment section below.

Thanks for reading and have a safe and wonderful New Year!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the Sea Breeze, Seuss, Aurora and Blaze! SO pretty!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.