Sunday, November 11, 2012

Zoya Aurora

Aurora is the third and last polish from The Ornate Collection (Zoya) that has holographic particles. Electra has holographic bar glitter but I'm talking about the small holo glitter that Blaze, Storm, and Aurora have. Aurora is, of course, one of my favorites from the collection. I am a sucker for anything that shines, sparkles, glows, etc. I love the way Zoya describes Aurora, so I'm going to quote them today.


Amen to that. I couldn't have described this beauty any better. 
When I saw the promos for the first time, I thought, "Eh, I don't need another black or gold and I have so many reds, purples, and greens. This collection has everything I already have." 

W R O N G 

That's what I was, wrong! I saw the swatches take over the interwebs and how packed with micro holographic goodness these polishes were and in an instant I was pre ordering the collection. As for the polishes that don't have the holo particles, they are also very special. I'm glad I have them to join my out of control lovely collection. 

Ok, you want to see Aurora already, enough jabbering! On it. 

In Shade

This is not the best representation of what Aurora looks like inside or in shade. The color is a little too blue toned in the picture. If you look at the color of the swatch below and put it with the glitter particles in the swatch above, that's what it looks like without direct sunlight. 

 Direct Sunlight
It's gorgeous inside but this is where Aurora shines. For a scattered holo, this is pretty darn amazing don't you think?

Let's talk formula. I have had excellent luck with Zoya. They always have amazing formulas and Aurora is no different. It goes on smoothy but needs a second coat just to fill the areas that are a little thin to smooth everything out. It dries quickly, by the time I was done with my 2nd coat on both hands, I was ready to use my top coat. Wear time was great. I wore this one for a few days which is strange for me. I just had minor tip wear and that's it!!

I still have Logan, Ziv, and Electra to show you.
I've had Elelctra on my nails for three days now (I think) and it's driving me crazy! It won't stop snowing. There is no way I can capture how crazy sparkly my nails are without taking the pictures outside. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to get over it and take the pictures inside. I'll do my best to capture them!


Thank you for reading and for your wonderful support!
Please subscribe to this blog and like me on my Facebook page.

-Mira


3 comments:

  1. I just bought Blaze and used it for the first time last night. It's absolutely beautiful. Now I just need to buy Aurora and my life will be complete! Haha.

    Great post and great swatches!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.