Sunday, March 18, 2012

China Glaze - Hunger Games (Capital Colors) Smoke and Ashes

District 12 (Mining): Smoke & Ashes


I've had a rough couple of days with my pain so I'm going to make this a quick one. It's actually 3:00 a.m. and I'm up because I can't get comfortable enough to sleep. Might as well finish this collection right?

This polish must be seen in person. That's all there is to it. It doesn't look that great in pictures. It looks like a boring black glitter but it has a funky twist that just needs to be seen in person.

I'm serious. Gorgeous in person, boring in print.

Ok! Smoke and Ashes has a dark base that I think is either black or a very dark blue. Either way, it reads black in my world. =) It has black micro glitter and this amazing blue/green glitter mixed in.

This polish rocks outside but fizzles inside in my opinion. It looks gorgeous in the bottle and out in the sun. The blue/green glitter doesn't pop enough for me to declare this a "must have." I do really like this, I just wish it had more kick in regular indoor lighting.

I love the formula of all the polishes I have in this collection except for this one. It's a little thick and goopy. It was really hard for me not to get it all over my skin. Cleaning it up was hard because of the glitter and dark base. It stains a little but it does come off.





You can kind of see the blue/green sparkle in the bottle. So pretty in person. So sad in pictures.

Overall, I really like this collection. I've read a lot of reviews of people finding the colors blah. Personally, I think it's a fun collection and I'm glad I snagged them.

What do you think of this collection? What are your must haves and passes?

Feel free to leave a comment, they make my day!

Thanks for reading!

-Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.