Sunday, March 4, 2012

China Glaze - Hunger Games (Capital Colors) Stone Cold

I have been so excited to see this collection in person. When I saw that my Sallys had them out early and on sale I was thrilled!! I felt like a little kid in a candy store. They only had a few colors out on display but they had a bunch in the back. I got them all except for Hook & Line and Mahogany Magic (I just didn't care for those colors). Hook & Line seems like it shows brush marks on the nail and Mahogany Magic just looked blah to me. As for the rest? So beautiful! 

The polishes are inspired by the 12 districts from the series. When the pictures and names first circulated, the names were different. I don't know why China Glaze decided to base the names off of the districts instead but it doesn't really matter to me! In case you haven't read The Hunger Games series, each district specializes in producing different goods for the Capital. Ok, ready for the pictures? I'm going to show you this collection in parts. Today, I'm showing Stone Cold!

District 1 (Luxury): Luxe & Lush

This is a gorgeous flakie, I layered it on my ring finger in the other swatches. I didn't swatch it alone since it's intended to be layered and looks much better that way, in my opinion. 

District 2 (Masonry): Stone Cold 

Stone Cold is a dark grey/almost black matte! I don't have very many mattes in my collection so this was a great addition to my stash. I love the silver shimmer in this polish, it makes it look like a smooth rock. Adding Luxe & Lush makes it look like pieces of gold imbedded in a rock. It's such a unique look, which makes it a must have for me. I had no problems with the formula. It went on very smoothly but it dries extremely fast. You have to be careful to apply this polish smoothly and quickly or you'll get weird ridges. If that happens, just go over it again to smooth it out. I have two coats of Stone Cold on in these pictures and of course, no top coat (in the first pictures). I put on Orly Bonder for my base coat and this came off very easily without any staining. 




With top coat (Seche Vite):







 What do you think of this one? Will you be adding it to your stash?

Thanks for reading!




3 comments:

  1. Cool! I like that stone cold color. Maybe I want to do my nails that color when you come over next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing- this one is pretty, I'll have to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! Thanks for commenting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.