Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Zoya Electra

I'm not a fan of bar glitter, I think it looks like weird hairy glitters. I do, however, love holographic glitter which is what saves this polish for me. 

I decided to put it on by itself and make it opaque. I used two coats of Color Club Harp On It (silver holo) as my base color. Then I applied three coats of Electra. For the most part, I applied Electra with normal brush strokes. I dabbed the polish in here and there to make it even. With my finger, I pushed down the bars that were sticking over the edge of my nail. This needed two thick coats of Seche Vite to get a smooth surface. When I was ready to take it off, I simply peeled it off and threw it away. I used Elmer's Glue as my base coat making it easy to remove. My manicure stayed in place for about four days while I patiently waited for the sun to come back out. 


The sun never came back out so this picture was taken inside with flash to show the sparkles. 

It reminds me of the silver tinsel we put on our Christmas Tree when I was a little girl. I think it will be really fun on top of other colors or used in nail art. 

What do you think? Do you like bar glitter?

Thanks for reading!

Please subscribe and visit me on my Facebook page!

-Mira

1 comment:

  1. I like it! I don't mind the bar glitter but I see what you mean about it looking like little hair glitters, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.