Sunday, November 25, 2012

China Glaze Get Carried Away

China Glaze got carried away alright. I want to love this polish so badly but it's just not happening. Being obsessed with glitter, I picked this up without a second thought. Sadly, I'm calling this a dud. 

 Get Carried Away has a black jelly base with way too much going on. There is black bar, coppery/orange and silver hex, and tiny black glitter. Did I miss anything? Probably. The problem is that the black jelly base covers up the glitter so you can barely see it if you wear it on it's own (pictures show 3 coats). If you wear it with something else, the black messes with the base color. 

 This polish is so packed with glitter that it is a beast to apply. It's hard to move around on the nail and doesn't self level, it just clumps. I've heard from other bloggers that adding thinner fixes that problem. I hope it works because I really want to love this!

I think if there was a little less glitter and a clear base this would be an amazing polish. Oh well, you can't win them all right? I still love you China Glaze!

Have any of you tried this? What do you think?

Thanks for reading!

Please subscribe and visit me on my Facebook page.

-Mira

1 comment:

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.