Friday, November 16, 2012

China Glaze Def Defying and Whirled Away

I'm going to show you two polishes today since I wore them together. =) Have I mentioned how much I love the Cirque du Soleil Collection? China Glaze really nailed it this time (har har har)! Warning, I haven't been sleeping well and I'm at the delirious giggly stage of sleep deprivation. I can not be held responsible for anything weird or cheesy I write today. That and grammatical errors. I'm glad we got that out of the way. Moving on. 

*cough*

So, today I'm going to show you Def Defying and Whirled Away. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll know several things about me. I am obsessed with glitter. I am a grown woman who would roll around in glitter if it weren't so hard to clean up. I'm also into green polish. I prefer dark green over light. Light green still scares me a little. 

I held Def Defying in my hand for a while and contemplated if I should buy it or not. It's pretty in the bottle but could my ultra pasty self pull it off? I figured if it was horrible I could return it and get another glitter so in the stash it went. 

I love it. 

I don't know what it is but I really like how it looks with my skin tone. It's weird and probably meant for people younger than me or for nail art but I don't care. It's awesome. Observe.

My camera made my hands look redder than they are in real life and Def Defying is a little lighter and more limey. 

I only needed two coats and it dried very glossy. The formula was pretty runny so I needed to wipe off the brush inside the bottle to make sure I didn't flood my cuticles. Once I got the extra polish off the brush, it was easy to work with. I gave it a little extra time to dry since it was so runny. The first coat was streaky and patchy but the second coat evened everything out. 

After I wore that for a day, I added Whirled Away to the mix.

Look familiar? 

I was so surprised to see a major nail polish brand make one of these. It's about time! There are SO many variations of the black and white glitter out in the indie polish world. They are more expensive than China Glaze and can be hard to get ahold of. I think it's pretty cool that they made this.

It's pretty easy to see what's going on in this polish. We have enormous white hex, medium black hex, and black bar glitter in a clear base. The formula is a little off in my opinion. There is too much base and not enough glitter. You'll get a pile of clear goo and a few specks of glitter on your nail if you apply it like a normal polish. I had to let the base drip off of my brush inside the bottle while trying not to loose too much glitter in the process. I dabbed the brush on my nail to manipulate the glitter to my liking. Next time I use this, I will just pull out the pieces with a toothpick. 

What do you think? Is it too funky or do you like it?  Will you be adding these to your stash?

Let me know in the comment section below! =)

Thanks for reading!

Please subscribe and visit me on my Facebook page!

-Mira


3 comments:

  1. I love it with the glitter! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that green I have just bought it myself. I'll wear any green as long as it isn't too yellowy
    As for the glitter I like some glitter but this one has 2 issues I wouldn't be willing to deal with, I don't care for bar glitter and I refuse to use a polish that will not spread like polish.
    If I have to dab I'll go pick myself up some loose glitter then I can place it where ever wanted with as much or as little as wanted

    But you have done a fantastic job making it look like it spreads evenly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vwolfe, I agree with you. Yellowy greens make my skin look funky so I don't like them. Loose glitter would be a lot better in some cases. For me, it's extremely painful to lean over my nails so this applies more quickly than loose glitters. If it weren't for that, this would be going back to the store. =) Bar glitters bug me too except if it's mixed in with other shapes. Thanks for the comment! =)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.