Saturday, June 16, 2012

OPI Just Spotted the Lizard *Picture Heavy*

While my husband finished school, we lived with his parents because my teaching salary didn't allow us a lot of (ok any) wiggle room. The week he got his job, I bought a bottle of Chanel Peridot to celebrate. I know, I should have payed a bill instead. =) A week later I was put on medical leave and later disability but for a week, I could afford Chanel nail polish and it was awesome. Little did I know, there would be so many dupes of my beloved Peridot. I hadn't been obsessed with polish very long at that point so I didn't realize I could just wait and get a cheaper version. That's ok, I love my fancy nail polish and it makes me feel special. 

I now have two bottles of this magical duochrome, one being OPI's Just Spotted the Lizard from The Amazing Spiderman Collection of course! They are dead on, I can't tell the difference at all even with the formula which is lovely, by the way. 

I think this polish is so unique. I love the golden green shift. I tried to capture the light blue shift, but it didn't happen. You can see the blue in the edges of the bottle. It does translate on the nail, I promise.
 I took a lot of pictures of this stunner, I couldn't get enough!






I don't know why anyone would want to cover this up with a shatter but here it is with Shatter the Scales. Not my cup of tea. 


Here is my fancy polish, Chanel Peridot! *swoon*



What do you think? Are you as smitten as I am or can you leave this on the shelf? 

Thanks for reading!

-Mira

6 comments:

  1. i love this color! I had my eyes on it for months! i know when i swatch it it's gonna be a pain to capture the blue too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that color! But I agree about the shatter, not my style either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this colour. And you're right, the shatter just doesn't work. I tried an accent nail with it that I really loved: 2 coats of 'Lizard', one coat of China Glaze Luxe and Lush, one coat of Essie Matte About You. Matte finish really brings out the green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the other Chanel dupe, Jessica Iridescent Eye, couldn't find this one anywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dupe! It looks very elegant on you :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.