Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Lynnderella The Telltale Heart and Color Club Sky High

I babble a lot in this post. Just want to see the picture and get the info? This is two coats of Color Club Sky High with a few coats of Lynnderella The Telltale Heart sponged on top in the attempt to create a gradient. 

I have a love/hate thing going on with this mani. I love the polishes and color combo but I hate how I applied the glitter. I was trying to do a glitter gradient and as you can see, I was much too heavy handed. Live and learn right? I used the makeup sponge technique to get this look. I painted The Telltale Heart directly onto a small piece of makeup sponge and dabbed it onto my nail. After the first layer of glitter dried, I dabbed on some more higher up on my tips to create a gradient. This was one of my first times playing with a Lynnderella so I wasn't expecting how quickly the glitter would become opaque. It was still very cute in person and I got a lot of compliments on them. That always feels good. =)



For those of you who don't know the scoop on Lynnderellas, they are a PITA to get a hold of. You have to fill out a wish list (when the wish list is available) and wait on a rotation to get your order. They are also $15 a pop (OUCH). I was lucky to have my name come up on the rotation when we got our tax return and my husband let me order a bunch. I <3 him. I plan on filling out another wish list when they become available again (mid June perhaps) and saving for the next batch. I think they are one of a kind and worth the hassle but that's just my opinion. ;)

For more information on how to purchase Lynnderellas, "like" Llarowe on Facebook and check out shop.llarowe.com . Llarowe is the only person who sells these beauties. Watch Llarowe's status updates on Facebook to find out when it's time to submit your wishlist. You'll need to send an e-mail to request the form and you'll get directions on how to get on the rotation from there. Man, it sounds like a secret polish society. I feel a little nuts just explaining this process. 

The things we do for pretty sparkly nails yes? lol

Do you have any Lynnderellas? Which one is your favorite? I think Connect the Dots is my personal favorite. Feel free to post pictures on my Facebook page, I want to see! =)

Thanks for reading!

-Mira

2 comments:

  1. Love love LOVE this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still think it's really pretty! at least you'll have a better idea of how to apply it next time (: i'm late to indies cause i tried holding off for so long before giving it to them, so i'm waiting for the wishlist to become available again so i can get some!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.