Friday, April 13, 2012

Fish Egg Friday

As I write this, I have 52 minutes left of Friday which means this counts, right? I've been wanting to do a Fish Egg Manicure ever since I saw the first one (I can't remember which one it was). I have been so busy swatching Zoya's new collection (swatches coming soon) that I just haven't gotten around to it. Then I saw this http://prettydigits.blogspot.com/2012/04/i-just-received-this-email-it-has-come.html?m=1. I don't have anything kind to say about this situation but I will pass this little jem along:


I thought that was pretty hilarious and I feel a little bad for Ciate because I highly doubt their Caviar manicure trademarking and product line is going to have much success. It's ok, Fish Egg Manis are far superior and much cheaper. Here is mine:




You probably recognize the stunning Charla by Zoya. It's one of my favorite Zoyas, it reminds me of the ocean or a mermaid's tail. The microbeads/fish eggs came from a random Bundle Monster wheel I had stuffed in a drawer. There were just enough for one nail but that's all I needed. I'm quite proud of this manicure, I'm even going to wear it for more than one day. *gasp* My camera doesn't like sparkle but let me tell you, it is blinding. Ok, I exaggerate but it is gorgeous! ;)

Oh, by the way this idea came from Dashing Diva which can be read about on this blog post from February 2011:  http://thepolishexchange.blogspot.com/2011/02/caviar-nails-by-dashing-diva-at-cushnie.html

Before I post this I must show you my nail fail. Here is my first attempt at the Fish Egg Mani:


This is Butter London Lillibet's Jubilee which just came out this week I think. I'll post more about that later. The microbeads were from Sally's and were just too big and I felt like an alien. 

What do you think about this look? It isn't practical and will probably fall apart by tomorrow but it's great for a night out. Thanks for reading everyone!!

-Mira

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the colors and beads you chose. Just started following you :) Will send you an email to check out my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that green color and the beads look really cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for Lillibet's Jubilee!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.