Monday, October 22, 2012

Nail Fail - Candy Corn Nails

Last year, I really wanted to do candy corn nails but just couldn't figure it out. I tried numerous times and it was a disaster each time. Now I know that I didn't give my polish enough time to dry so the tape wouldn't ruin the manicure. I also didn't know that putting a top coat on and letting that completely dry would protect the colors. I was just barely learning about nail art and had never done stripes before. After a few tries, I got frustrated and moved on. 

Fast forward one year, I tried it again. Although I executed the design I wanted, it didn't turn out perfectly by any means. I mostly do swatches so I haven't been doing very much nail art. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. =) It's fine from far away but up close, you can see that my colors bled under the tape. 

Oh well. Live and learn right? ;)






White: OPI Alpine Snow
Orange: Zoya Arizona
Yellow: China Glaze Happy Go Lucky

I almost didn't post this but I decided that although it's flawed, it's still cute. 

Thanks for reading!

-Mira


5 comments:

  1. I LOVE them!!! Not a nail fail in my book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they're sexy :D I'm still scared to try them again, what do I have to do, let them dry all day?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to attempt to make a tutorial so you can see how easy they are! Then you can have sexy candy corn nails too. lol =)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.