Friday, July 27, 2012

China Glaze Kalahari Kiss


For the next week, I'm going to show you my picks from China Glaze's On Safari Collection (Fall 2012). When I first saw this collection, I was disappointed. Everything seemed either boring or I already had something similar. Although I didn't want every single one, I ended up really loving this collection. The two glitters are especially amazing. I can't wait to show you those. For today, I'm going to show you Kalahari Kiss. 

This is a pretty strange color in my opinion. It's a bit difficult for me to describe. Is it a dirty mustard? A yellowy tan? Khaki? A mix of all of the above? You be the judge. I was expecting this to look atrocious on my skin tone but it didn't look that bad. In fact, I actually liked it. Yellows tend to look wrong on me. I'll be using this for nail art and underwear for China Glaze I'm Not Lion (my favorite of this collection). 

I took a lot of pictures but like khaki pants, this sucker shows every flaw and my acrylic lines showed in almost every single picture. So darn frustrating. The first two pictures were taken under artificial light and the last sunlight. 





The formula was fabulous! It went on creamy smooth and only needed two coats (I used three) for complete coverage. It leveled itself out nicely and dried quickly. Such a nice change from the neons I've been swatching. If you like the color, I recommend this one.

I hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading!

-Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.