Monday, July 2, 2012

4th of July Mani - Pic Heavy

I'm so excited to show you my 4th of July mani! I worked pretty hard on it and I'm kind of proud of myself for this one. It took forever but that's because it hurts my back to do nail art. I got them done in the course of two days little by little. After each nail, I had to lay down to rest my back. It was annoying but I love the look! 

I'll show you the pictures and then talk about materials and how I did it!








Materials:

Red-China Glaze Ruby Pumps
Blue-China Glaze Dorothy Who?
White-Striping Tape 
Stars-Loose silver hex glitter

First I applied China Glaze Ruby Pumps (two coats) with one coat of Seche Vite. After that was completely dry (it was actually the next day) I applied two pieces of tape on each nail to block out the rectangle shape and applied one thick coat of China Glaze Dorothy Who? and let that dry. I cut down pieces of white striping tape and placed them on my nails with tweezers and applied Seche Vite to seal them in and placed the hex glitter in the blue rectangle for the stars. After that dried, I put on another layer of Seche Vite and cleaned up the cuticles with Acetone and an angled brush! 

I hope you like them!

Thanks for reading!

-Mira

4 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! Very patriotic looking. I think you should send a pic to the President!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.