Sunday, August 25, 2013

Smokey Mountain Lacquers

Earlier this month, I received an e-mail from a new indie polish brand asking if I'd swatch a few polishes. I quickly agreed and then I started to worry. I've never agreed to swatch for a brand I wasn't familiar with. What if the polishes were horrendous? Obviously, I'd be honest in my review but I'd feel really bad about it! I'm a chronic worrier so my brain went a little cray cray. Then the package arrived and holy crap are the polishes gorgeous. The colors, formula, and even the packaging are on point. 

The brand is Smokey Mountain Lacquers. Commit that to memory. You're going to want to grab these while you can. Kim is the creator of this lovely line of indies. She has been easy to work with and well, you'll see the polishes. Her shop is brand new. I'm talking open for a few hours as I type new. I thought I'd introduce her to you since she's new to the indie polish community. 

I asked Kim why she started her own line of polishes. This is what she said, "I have several friends like myself that have the same love of nail polish and doing manis and nail art so I thought why not take my love for polish and create my own line of polishes. I believe every woman is beautiful and deserves beautiful things even if it is just a bottle of nail polish. Sometimes all it takes for a woman to feel beautiful is the smaller things."

I completely agree, it's often the smaller things that make me feel better about myself. That's one of the many reasons I love polish so much. Diamonds are also small. ;)

When I asked Kim what inspired the shades of polish she sent me, she said, "as far as what inspired me to make these shades was the beautiful scenery in my area. I live in TN and in the Smokey Mountains so I have inspiration year round here. The name behind Raging Hormones isn't what many think. We as women are emotional beings by nature and our emotions can be all over the place as well as our hormones throughout the different phases in our lives hence Raging Hormones."

Now let's talk polish. I have three polishes to show you today; Her Majesty, Mountain Mist, and Raging Hormones. The formula for all three were very similar so I'll tell you about that now. All three only needed two coats for full coverage. The formula was a nice consistency, not too thin or thick. It flowed smoothly onto the nail. It self leveled well giving nice even coverage. Dry time was good. 
I used one coat of Seche Vite for my top coat for each swatch.


Smokey Mountain Lacquers - Her Majesty
Smokey Mtn Lacquer Her Majesty
Her Majesty is a beautiful deep purple polish with silver micro glitter. This polish dries a little matte but a coat of top coat will shine it right up. I love this shade of purple.

 Smokey Mtn Lacquer Her Majesty

Smokey Mtn Lacquer Her Majesty

 Smokey Mtn Lacquer Her Majesty
I love the twine and matching butterflies that come with each polish.

Smokey Mtn Lacquer Her Majesty


Smokey Mountain Lacquers - Mountain Mist
Smokey Mtn Lacquer Mountain Mist
Mountain Mist is a light grey polish with small midnight blue square glitter. The glitter reads black to my eye. I love grey polishes and square glitter. Beautiful!

Smokey Mtn Lacquer Mountain Mist

Smokey Mtn Lacquer Mountain Mist

 Smokey Mtn Lacquer Mountain Mist

Smokey Mtn Lacquer Mountain Mist


Smokey Mountain Lacquers - Raging Hormones
Smokey Mtn Lacquer Raging Hormones
You know I love this one. Red is my favorite color and I love love love holos. 
Raging Hormones is a red scattered holo. Top coat doesn't weaken the holo effect. 

Smokey Mtn Lacquer Raging Hormones

Smokey Mtn Lacquer Raging Hormones

 Smokey Mtn Lacquer Raging Hormones

Smokey Mtn Lacquer Raging Hormones


What do you guys think? Give Kim some love on her Facebook page, here. You can buy these polishes on Kim's Etsy page, here for $9.50 - $10.00. 

Which ones are your favorite? Let me know in the comment section below!

Thanks for reading!
Please subscribe and visit me on my Facebook page.

-Mira 
Follow on Bloglovin

*Products were provided for my honest review. 

5 comments:

  1. Raging Hormones is my favorite, but I like them all! And that's so adorable that they have little decorations on all the bottles, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I love the butterflies! I think I like Raging Hormones the best as well but it's hard to decide. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shared your photo on my recent Wish List Wednesday post!

    http://toriamasons-treasures.blogspot.com/2013/10/wish-list-wednesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.