Thursday, January 24, 2013

Born Pretty Glitter Powder Review

Born Pretty recently sent me a set of 12 glitter pots to review. I did a couple of Valentine's Day manicures with them. First, let's talk about the glitter. 


The glitter comes in a plastic case. Glitter always gets everywhere so I like that I can have more control over the mess. I used the lid of the case to work with the glitter. When I finished, I just poured the glitter back into the pot from the lid of the case. 


This is how big each pot is.


They are about 1/2 of an inch high. I can't imagine ever running out.


You can do so many things with the glitter. I decided to do a tape manicure. I'm terrible at free handing so I used a small heart shaped hole punch. I put painter's tape on top of wax paper and punched out the heart. I then put the tape on top of my nail and put red nail polish inside the heart shape and dunked my nail in the red glitter pot. I quickly removed the tape and voila! I did one nail at a time and sealed everything in with two coats of Seche Vite. I learned this trick, here




For this look I used two coats of OPI Pink Friday. After I put on my second coat, I dunked my nail into the pink glitter pot and used a fan brush to get rid of the glitter on my skin. After it dried, I used two coats of Seche Vite. 

It is very sparkly in person. *swoon*

As you can probably tell, I had a lot of fun playing with these. They are very easy to work with and gorgeous! You can find them at the Born Pretty store, here for $6.14. If you use my code, you get 10% off!



Thanks for reading!

-Mira

*The products in this post were provided for review.

7 comments:

  1. love glitters! ill have to check these out but that heart mani was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love how it turned out with the glitter on top! I'll have to try that one day. And thanks for the link love. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always want to link to what inspired me but normally I can't remember the source. <:/ I was excited that I knew exactly where your heart mani was. Thank you for letting me link to your post!! :) I love your blog!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the comments! They warm my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty.

    Kate @ sparkle dust xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.