Sunday, December 29, 2013

OPI Mariah Carey Holiday 2013 - My Picks

Hello everyone! I hope you have been enjoying the holidays. My husband took the week off at the last minute and my Mom has been in town so I've been away from my blog. In fact, I still have on my manicure from Christmas Eve. I know, that doesn't sound like a big deal but it is for me. With how much I swatch, my nail polish changes daily. 

The last blog post I did, I showed you the Liquid Sands from the OPI Mariah Carey Holiday 2013 collection (that's a mouthful). I couldn't control myself and bought all six. For the rest of the collection, I only purchased four. I'm very proud of myself. ;)

I also have the holiday collection from China Glaze and quite a few polishes from KBShimmer's Holiday collection to show you. I really wanted to get them swatched and posted before Christmas but my body did not allow me to get them finished. Then my nails broke. Woh is me. For those of you who are new and aren't aware, I have chronic pain due to a genetic issue with my spine. I have eight different diagnoses for my L-spine alone. So, I'm at the mercy of my body when it comes to getting anything done.  I'm not telling you this for pity, I just want to explain why I post inconsistently and why my darn holiday polishes aren't up yet. Grrrr. Enough about that business, let's look at the glitter. 

Oh how I love the glitter. *swoon*


OPI All Sparkly and Gold
OPI Gold Glitter Nail Polish
 All Sparkly and Gold is exactly what this polish is. It's a darker shade of yellow gold which I find to be flattering on my skin tone. The formula was just right, no complaints from me! Two coats. 

 OPI My Favorite Ornament
OPI Holiday Nail Polish
 My Favorite Ornament is a lighter shade of yellow gold. I also like this shade with my skin tone. Gold doesn't always look good on me so I'm always happy to find one that works for me. Fabulous formula. Two coats. 

OPI Underneath the Mistletoe
OPI Mariah Carey Holiday Collection 2013
There were SO many reds in this collection. If you know me personally, you're probably shocked by that complaint. I love red, it's my favorite color. My wedding colors were red and black. I have red couches and a red wall in my kitchen. There is red everywhere in my house, including in my polish collection. I try to take it easy on buying red polish because I have SO many reds! 

With that said (if you read all of that, you're awesome), Underneath the Mistletoe had to come home with me. It's a beautiful, slightly deepened shade of red with glitter. Love it. Perfect formula. Two coats. 

OPI I Snow You Love Me over Underneath the Mistletoe
OPI Underneath the Mistletoe
I Snow You Love Me has mixed reviews on the interwebs. If you want to use this with regular brush strokes and expect nice coverage, you'll be disappointed. I use this by picking up the glitters with a toothpick (or dotting tool) and placing the pieces one by one. You can come up with a lot of designs with this polish so I happen to love it. This polish has a clear base and round holographic glitter. 

OPI Mariah Carey Holiday 2013 Collection
Macro of the bottle.  

I'd love to know if you picked up anything from this collection and what you think of them. Let me know in the comments below. Seriously, the comment section has been really dead lately. Drop me a comment and make me happy. =) 

Thanks for reading!

Please subscribe or visit me on my Facebook page.
I'm also on InstagramTwitter, and Pinterest.

-Mira
Follow on Bloglovin


2 comments:

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.