Wednesday, December 11, 2013

House of Holland by Elegant Touch Review

This post is going to be a little different than what I usually do. Yep, it involves nails but not nail polish! I've never tried false nails before so I was really interested to see how I'd like this product. Before I get into the product itself, here's a little background. 

The company Elegant Touch Nails teamed up with fashion designer, Henry Holland. Together they created House of Holland Nailed, by Elegant Touch. They will be available at Ulta for $7.99.

The company sent me Face Ache, Heart Breaker, and Polka-Dot It to check out. The first thing I'd like to mention is how much I love the packaging. The kits come in house shaped boxes, complete with a chimney. Seriously, how cute is that?!? Each side of the box is decorated with instructions on the back (instructions are also inside). 

Let's check out the packaging. That's important, right? 

Elegant Touch Nails

Elegant Touch Nails

Elegant Touch Nails

Elegant Touch Nails Face Ache

Fake Nails


Polka Dot Nail Art
Inside each box are 24 nails, 10 sizes, nail glue, one small nail file, and instructions. 

House of Holland Nailed by Elegant Touch - Polka-Dot It
Black and White Nail Art
I chose Poka-Dot It to try. Not having ever worn false nails and not being familiar with Elegant Touch, I had no idea how long they'd last. I followed the directions and decided if they lasted for seven days, that's when I'd remove them. They lasted for eight days (I was too tired to remove them on day seven)!!! Eight days! Eight days and still going strong. 

Press on Nails
The directions recommend using the foil method for around 30 minutes (I think) to remove the nails. With the polka dots being so big, I let them soak for 40 minutes. I still needed to scrub a little after I removed the foil but they came off pretty easily. For the most part, my nails weren't damaged. If you pull or pick at the nails, you will damage your nails. I left them alone so there are only a few parts of my nail that were damaged in the removal process. My cuticles are of course, angry with being soaked in acetone for 40 minutes. I have been moisturizing constantly and they have since calmed down. 

3D Nail Art
My only complaints have to do with this specific set. The polka dots are quite raised and they snagged my hair which drove me nuts. I would love this design so much better if they were flat. The other thing has to do with the thumb nail in this set. I was trying to peel off a sticker with the thumb nail and the tip started to bend a little. Not the entire nail but just the very top of the nail tip. My suggestion would be to make that nail a little stronger. 

Even with those two things, I would highly recommend these nails. I think the designs are adorable, they stayed on for eight days, and they come in an adorable little house. What more can you ask for? ;)

What do you think about false nails? Have you ever worn them before? Would you try this product?
Let me know in the comment section below!

You can find House of Holland Nailed by Elegant Touch at Ulta, Elegant Touch, and House of Holland. I can't find them on Ulta's website. If you have spotted these in an Ulta store, let me know in the comment section! 

Thank you for reading! 


Please subscribe or visit me on my Facebook page.
I'm also on InstagramTwitter, and Pinterest.

-Mira
Follow on Bloglovin
*The products in this post were provided for my honest review. 


2 comments:

  1. I have totally seen these at Ulta and have been intrigued by them. That's cool that they last so long though I don't like the idea of having to soak my nails for that long to get them off. They do have some really cute designs though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. Adorable designs but soaking my fingers in acetone for that long is a con for sure!

      Delete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.