Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Nail Art Society August 2013 Kit

Welcome back to the Nail Art Society (NAS)! Most of you who have subscribed in time for the August nail art kit have probably received your new goodies. For those of you who haven't received it yet, here is a sneak peak! For everyone else, this post should give you an idea of what an NAS kit is like. 

I have mentioned before that I am a Nail Art Society Guru. That means that I am on a panel of people who provide feedback, ideas, etc for NAS in terms of their kits. I receive these products before the kits go out to test them out. Basically, I play with them and send pictures of my nail art. It has been a lot of fun to be a part of this amazing group of women (even though I feel completely under qualified). 


Ok, let's talk about the August kit! 

The August kit came with two packets of water decals (silver and colorful butterflies). The packet of silver butterflies also has roses and hearts. Each packet has one sheet of decals. It also comes with four Orly Instant Artists. The colors you get from left to right are Platinum, Jet Black, Crisp White, and True Blue.

Now I'm going to show you three manis that I did using these products. 

Orly Instant Artists Nail Art
Products Used: Cult Nails Get It On base coat, Cult Nails Tempest (white creme), all four Orly Instant Artists, and Cult Nails Wicked Fast top coat.

Orly Instant Artists are not regular nail polish. They are water based paint, like acrylic paint. They don't work very well if you apply them to your bare nail so it's important to put on a coat of polish first. Another thing that's important to note is that they do not have regular polish brushes. They have striper brushes making them ideal for endless nail art designs. They wash off with just water so seal in your design with a coat of top coat when your done. 

I don't have very much experience with striper brushes. In fact, I think this is my third try with them. I also painted with my non dominant hand making this task even more difficult. I decided to make alternating lines with each color that overlapped and curved a little. The nice thing about this kind of paint is that you have plenty of time to work with it until you're satisfied with the results. I  liked this abstract look and it's something you can do even if you don't have very much experience with using a striper brush. 

Cala Water Decal Designs
Butterfly Water Decal Nail Art
 Products Used: Cult Nails Get It On base coat, China Glaze You Drive Me Coconuts, Cala water decal, and Cult Nails Wicked Fast top coat.

Silver Rose Water Decal Nail Art
 Products Used: Duri Rejuvacote base coat, Smokey Mountain Lacquers Her Majesty, Cala water decal, and Seche Vite top coat. 


You can find out more about the Nail Art Society on their website, here. Subscriptions are $9.95 a month plus shipping. 

Thanks for reading!
Please subscribe to my blog and "like" my Facebook page!

-Mira
Follow on Bloglovin
*The products in this post were provided for my honest review.



5 comments:

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.