Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wantable August Box Review

I have something a little bit...ok a lot different for you today. Makeup! What??? Yep! This post does not involve polish. Wantable recently asked me if I'd like to try out one of their subscription boxes. I hesitated because well, this blog is about nail polish. I went on their website and poked around and saw that nail polish was one of the products you can possible get in your box. Not just nail polish, Rainbow Honey nail polish (for this month's box). Sold. I said yes, and was directed to making an account and setting up my profile. 

Wantable is a makeup or accessory subscription box. If you sign up for the subscription, it is $36.00 a month. For just one box without the subscription it is $40.00 They say that if you don't like your box, you can return it and you can cancel your subscription at anytime. 

When you first sign up, you set up your beauty profile. I opted for the makeup box because I wanted to get nail polish. To make sure you get the products that you'll love, you get to customize your profile.

After you do this step, you have a few more steps in which you customize each category. You will customize what you like in terms of color and finish for each product type. After that is finished, you submit your profile and wait for your box of goodies to arrive!


Here is the box I received. 

It comes with a welcome card, information about your products, etc. 

Here are the contents of my box. 

You may have noticed by now that I didn't get nail polish. Now, with this being a review, I didn't demand a refund or return the box. I did, however, e-mail the company and asked them why my box didn't have the nail polish for the month. They responded very quickly (after reviewing my profile) and said that although I set my nail polish preferences to "love" I set other product types to "love" as well. My nail polish preference was equal to other products making what I got a toss up. 

So, if you really want a specific type of product (nail polish, lip stick, etc.) set that to "love" and everything else a little lower. That will make your chances of getting that specific product better. 

Let's look at what I did get. Now, I'm not a makeup guru so I've never heard of these brands but this looks like a really good deal. 

Now, I'm not completely new to make up. I've been wearing it since Junior High. I'm just not an expert. 
With that said, I will tell you what I thought of each product and show you a swatch. 


Here is everything from my box unpackaged and ready to go. The white item is a package of nail polish remover wipes with it's lid off.


Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Eyeshadow: Bright Eyes 
The actual eyeshadow is as big as a quarter. I set my eyeshadow preferences to neutral. This is too yellow for my skin tone but the quality seems to be good. 


Lise Watier Eyeshadow: 132 Beige Scintillant 
On it's own, this is too pink for me. I would mix it with a little bit of brown eyeshadow to use it. The makeup is about the same size as the eyeshadow above.


Cailyn Cosmetics Eyeliner:  Line Fix Gel Eyeliner in Black
I love this eyeliner. It goes on smoothly and stays put. This is so easy to apply, I will be buying more when I run out. It is waterproof so use eye makeup remover to get it off. 


Lise Watier Lip Gloss: Day Light
This is another product that I really like. It's pretty shear but it has a nice shine and shimmer. The wand has a light inside the cap. I'm not sure what the point of that is but the gloss is really nice. It's not sticky, stays on for a long time and it smells really good. I just had dinner and I still have plenty of gloss on my lips. 


LAQA & CO. Polish Remover Pads
I was very skeptical when I opened this product. How can a little pad take off my nail polish? I gave it a try and was pleasantly surprised with how well they work. Keep in mind, I wasn't wearing glitter. I was wearing two different creme polishes (one on each hand). They leave your fingers greasy (to moisturize your cuticles) so you'll need to wash your hands after your done. I love that they don't dry out your skin like acetone does. Will I be purchasing more of this product? No. As much as I like it, I would go broke if I used these for my polish removal. I go through a lot of acetone and cotton balls. Would I prefer to use these over acetone?  Absolutely, it's just more affordable for a polish blogger to use a cheap bottle of acetone. If you're not a blogger or change your polish every day, I'd definitely recommend this product. 

This is all I needed to remove polish from both hands. I needed one pad for about one and a half nails. 

Swatches
Cailyn Cosmetics Eyeliner:  Line Fix Gel Eyeliner in Black


Lise Watier Lip Gloss: Day Light


Lise Watier Eyeshadow: 132 Beige Scintillant 


From left to right:
Lise Watier Eyeshadow: 132 Beige ScintillantBe A Bombshell Cosmetics Eyeshadow: Bright Eyes, and Lise Watier Lip Gloss: Day Light


You can sign up for a subscription of a single box from Wantable, here. Right now they are offering boxes of makeup, accessories, intimates, and Halloween. 

Thanks for reading!

Please subscribe and visit me on my Facebook page.
I'm also on Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.

-Mira
Follow on Bloglovin
*The products in this post were provided for my honest review. 



2 comments:

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.