Tuesday, September 24, 2013

KBShimmer The Grape Beyond and Would Jubilee It?

KBShimmer is an indie brand that I really love but have never blogged about. I didn't realize that until recently and I can't believe I've neglected them! What is wrong with me?!? I don't have a ton of their polish, let me count....I have nine. I bought three a year or so ago and they got lost in my untried pile. Again, what is wrong with me? I am going to fix that starting with this post. 

KBShimmer has been around for five years. To celebrate their fifth anniversary, they released the duo I'm showing you today (The Grape Beyond and Would Jubilee It?). 

These two polishes are meant to be worn together but you can of course mix and match as you please. 

I absolutely love this polish. I'm obsessed with purple polish but this one is special. The Grape Beyond is a medium purple that leans to the blue side. It has a beautifully delicate blue micro shimmer and to top it off, it dries to a satiny matte finish. 

The formula is just right, I have zero complaints. It goes on smoothy and the finish is to die for. If you have a lot of ridges on your nail, you may want to use a ridge filler. Other than that, perfection! I used two coats and no top coat for the two pictures above.

This is what it looks like with top coat. Top coat brings out the shimmer and shimmer is always a good thing. Right? Right! When you add top coat, give your nails a little more time to dry. I didn't, and smudged my index finger. 

Can you be "in love" with a polish? Perhaps I need therapy because I'm obsessed with this glitter topper. I'm really into the circle glitter trend we've been seeing in the indie world lately and this one is a must have. I used one thick coat; the glitter pay off is amazing. I didn't use regular brush strokes, I dabbed it on. I used two thick coats of Cult Nails Wicked Fast to smooth out my nail. Love it!

Big circles, little circles, hexagons, and tiny bar glitter...yes please! I love the vibrant mix of colors. They really do go perfectly with The Grape Beyond. This is a polish that you won't want to take off. 

You can purchase KBShimmer polishes, soap, bath bombs, and more on their website, here

Do you own any polishes from KBShimmer? Which ones are your must haves? Let me know in the comment section below!

Thanks for reading!
Please subscribe and visit me on my Facebook page.
I'm also on Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter

-Mira
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.