Wednesday, September 11, 2013

China Glaze Sunsational Collection - Jellies

I'm back with another partial collection from China Glaze! This time I have The Sunsational Collection - Jellies. I passed on the other half. The other half of the collection are all neon cremes and as you may know, my fair skin doesn't work well with neon. I know, I know. The jelly half is also neon so you're probably wondering why I bought them. Two words: jelly sandwiches. Oh yah. 

After reading several reviews about this collection, I decided to pass. A lot of bloggers had trouble with the formula and I didn't want to deal with that. Despite the problems with some of the formulas, their pictures still looked really good. A few weeks ago I changed my mind and decided that the jellies were cute enough to warrant the extra effort. Let's get to the pictures and I'll talk about my experience with this collection. 


China Glaze Are You Jelly?
Are You Jelly? is a bright purple jelly polish. The first two coats went on streaky and did not self level well. I applied the first two coat on the thin side, letting them dry in between. For the third coat, I applied it thickly and quickly in order to bypass the self leveling problem. It worked well for me and I ended up liking the result. I think this polish is adorable and worth the extra effort. 

China Glaze Heat Index
Sorry, I should have given you a heads up about this. I'll wait while grab a pair of sunglasses. Ready? Ok, here we have the brightest hot pink neon insanity that ever was. Heat Index had the same formula as Are You Jelly? I applied three coats in the same way as well. Is it worth the effort? If you love this color and love it in jelly form I say go for it. This shade is not for me unless my skin learns how to tan someday. Then, I'd totally rock this. 

China Glaze Isle See You Later
Let's just keep this to the point. Beautiful blue jelly. I adore the color in the bottle. You're looking at four coats. I'm throwing in the towel. Maybe if you used seven you could get rid of the VNL (visible nail line). Not worth the extra effort for me. 

China Glaze Keepin' It Teal
Another color adore in the bottle. It's such a cute Teal (it looks a little more green in my photos) but I couldn't get rid of that dreaded VNL. This is four coats. One more may have done the trick. 

China Glaze Shell-O
Coral jelly yumminess in a bottle. The formula was just like the rest, streaky and hard to manipulate. I applied it the same way as the others (Are You Jelly? and Heat Index) with two thin coats and then a thick coat. 

China Glaze You Drive Me Coconuts
Bright barbie pink jelly, You Drive Me Coconuts indeed drove me coconuts with it's finicky formula. With two thin coats and a thick third coat, I made it work. Totally worth it for me! 


Being late in the game in getting these, many of you probably already have them. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this collection! 

Thanks for reading!

Please subscribe and visit me on my Facebook page

-Mira
Follow on Bloglovin




6 comments:

  1. Bummer they were difficult. Heat Index is WOW gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! I wish the blues would have built up to opacity because they are gorgeous colors. At least the others worked with some effort. I love me some jelly sandwiches! =)

      Delete
    2. I love Jellies! You could use them for glitter sandwiches, as a base for stamp art or funky frenches. Don't throw in the towel just yet. ;-)

      Delete
    3. That is true. I'll be using them for jelly sandwiches in the future. =)

      Delete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.