Thursday, October 31, 2013

China Glaze Monster's Ball Collection

Happy Halloween everyone! Every year, polish companies release Halloween collections. I always love China Glaze's releases because they usually involve a lot of glitter! You know how I feel about glitter. I have yet to purchase a Halloween collection from in it's entirety but this one I had to have. China Glaze did an awesome job with this collection. It consists of four glitters, one textured polish, and a glow in the dark polish called Ghoulish Glow. Ghoulish Glow seems to come out every year. I have it but it doesn't really work well. It also wouldn't work well with these polishes (in my opinion) so I didn't show it. I'm not sure I know where it is anyway. Oops! 

What I love about China Glaze Monster's Ball collection is that they can be worn any time of year. They don't scream only Halloween and I like that. Let's take a look at the collection now. 

China Glaze Bat My Eyes



 
Bat My Eyes has a black jelly base that is packed with greenish gold glitter and a little bit of coppery bar glitter. The formula is pretty thick and tricky to apply. Thinner may help with the formula. I just applied it very slowly and carefully. I only needed one coat but I went over it with a second coat out of habit.

China Glaze Boo-Gie Down


China Gaze Boo-Gie Down has a clear base with black, white, copper, and gold glitter. It has hexagon glitter in a variety of sizes and black bar glitter. You can put this over a lot of different colors and it would look really cute. I layered it on top of China Glaze Mingle with Kringle. I didn't have any problems with the formula. I used two thin coats.

China Glaze Fang-Tastic
 


Fang-Tastic has a clear base with blue, green, purple, and fuchsia glitter hex glitter in a variety of sizes. This doesn't feel like a Halloween polish to me but I really like it. You can put this one on a lot of different colors as well. The formula was great. You get a good amount of glitter on the brush and it isn't too thick or thin. I used two coats on top of China Glaze Don't Make Me Wine. 

China Glaze Howl You Doin'

Joey!!!! Love the name being a huge Friends fan. Howl You Doin' has a thicker purple jelly base with blue glitter and orange/coppery shard glitter. It's a little on the thick side but that didn't cause any trouble with application. I used two coats. 

China Glaze Bump In the Night

Bump in the Night is a black texture polish. The texture is really cool. It has a finer grit with smooth glossy parts that run throughout the surface. If you look at the pictures closely, you'll see bumps and random smooth sections. My polish was completely dry when I took the pictures. The formula is excellent. Only one coat! This doesn't work with top coat like some other textured polishes do. It just looks like a regular black polish with weird dots throughout it with top coat. I wasn't sure how I'd like this one but I love it. 


What do you think? Do you love this collection as much as I do?

Please subscribe or visit me on my Facebook page.
I'm also on InstagramTwitter, and Pinterest.

-Mira
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.