Thursday, November 14, 2013

Smokey Mountain Lacquers Holiday 2013 Collection

My favorite holiday is Christmas and I'm so excited to start showing holiday polishes this year. This collection is from Smokey Mountain Lacquers and it will be available starting Friday, November 15 from their Etsy store

The Smokey Mountain Lacquers Holiday 2013 Collection consists of five beautiful polishes. Three are metallics, one is a glitter topper, and one is a colorful glitter polish in a white base. The three metallic polishes (24 Karat, Silver Bells, and Holiday Pine) have a very similar formula. I'll describe the formula here to avoid repetition. They are super sheer on the first coat (I used thin coats) but they build up nicely. 24 Karat needed three coats and Silver Bells and Holiday Pine needed two coats for full coverage. Another tip is to give them a little extra time to dry in between coats and apply quickly to avoid dragging. 

I used Duri Rejuvacote for my base coat and Seche Vite top coat with all of the polishes. All pictures were taken inside under a lamp with daylight bulbs. 

Alright, let's get to the good stuff!

24 Karat

 24 Karat is a yellow gold metallic/foil polish. 

Silver Bells

Silver Bells is a silver metallic/foil polish.

Holiday Pine

Holiday Pine is a medium green metallic/foil polish. It looks like it has a touch of blue to it. It's a very beautiful shade of green that's unique to my collection.

Holiday Glitz over Holiday Pine


 

 Holiday Glitz is my favorite from the collection. It's a glitter topper with a clear base and red, green, silver, and gold square and circle glitter in various sizes. It has a pretty good glitter payoff. I needed to wipe off a little bit of clear base from the brush inside the neck of the bottle which isn't a big deal to me at all. I dabbed on two coats over Holiday Pine. Love this glitter, it's very beautiful and perfect for Christmas. 

 It's a Wrap



 It's a Wrap is a really fun and adorable glitter polish with a white creme base and red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple glitter in a variety of shapes and sizes. Yes, I needed to list those colors in rainbow order. I can't help myself. =) I used three thick coats to get full coverage. You can also use a white creme polish and one coat of It's a Wrap on top. I personally love the depth just using this polish by itself gives. The white base doesn't completely swallow up the glitter so you can see the glitter from different layers peeking through. Most whites are a little tricky to work with. They are notorious for not self leveling very well but my top coat smoothed this polish completely out. If you like glitter polishes in a white base, you'll love this. I think it's adorable and love that it can be worn any time of the year.

Don't you think these polishes are perfect for the holiday season? This collection will be available starting tomorrow (Friday, November 15) at Smokey Mountain Lacquers' Etsy store. To stay up to date with this brand, like their Facebook page!

Thanks for reading!

Please subscribe or visit me on my Facebook page.
I'm also on InstagramTwitter, and Pinterest.

-Mira
Follow on Bloglovin
*The products in this post were provided for my honest review.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.