Sunday, October 27, 2013

Zoya PixieDusts Fall 2013 Collection

Good morning, I hope everyone is having a nice and relaxing weekend. This weekend and past month or so have been a challenge. Tomorrow we have to say goodbye to our dog, Emma who would have been 16 this January. She was my husband's dog first but she's also been mine for over 4 years now. Needless to say, we are heartbroken. I couldn't sleep so here I am, writing a post. I'm not sure how I'll be feeling afterwards and may need some time before I post again. Maybe, it will serve as a distraction and I'll keep going. Who knows. I know this is very personal and not about nail polish but I wanted to let you know where my head is at. I'm going to try to keep this one short and try to get some more sleep before we take her in. 

I have been really enjoying the textured nail polish trend this year. I hope it stays around for a while because I can't get enough of it! I've said this before but these polishes are amazing with and without top coat giving you two looks in one bottle. 

One of my favorite textured polishes comes from my favorite brand, Zoya. Their PixieDust line is phenomenal. They are full of glitter and rich in color. I was really excited when it was announced that they would be releasing more PixieDusts for the Fall. This collection is beautiful. There isn't a single one I don't love but I do have a favorite. 

The formula was pretty consistent throughout the collection. The only ones that were different for me was Carter and Tomoko. They were pretty sheer on the first coat. By the second coat, they're opaque and ready to go. The other polishes were practically one coaters. Out of habit, I used two coats for each picture. I also provided a picture with top coat which was Cult Nails Wicked Fast. 


Zoya Arabella
Without Top Coat
Arabella is a beautifully deepened fuchsia pink. 
With Top Coat

Zoya Dhara
 
Without Top Coat
Dhara is a bright orange that has a beautiful fiery glow. 
 With Top Coat

Zoya Tomoko
Without Top Coat
Tomoko is a light golden shade that reminds me a little of a sandy beach but with a lot more sparkle. 
As you can see, all of a sudden my nails have grown. Tomoko was the first polish from this collection that I swatched and I had a few breaks afterwards. I didn't have the heart to get rid of these pictures because I love my nails when they are longer. I know, I'm silly. 
With Top Coat

Zoya Chita
Ch Ch Ch Chia! Ok, now that I got that out of my system, Chita is a beautiful dark grassy green.

 With Top Coat

Zoya Sunshine
I've been wondering why they named a navy blue polish Sunshine. Does anyone know? This looks like Zoya Sailor Pixified. Beautiful.  

 With Top Coat


 Zoya Carter
Without Top Coat
At last we have come to my favorite from this collection. Carter is a must have in my opinion. Pictures just don't do it justice. It's a rich royal purple polish with pink shimmer. The pink shimmer against this shade of purple is insane. Be careful driving with this baby on. 
With Top Coat

What do you think of this collection? Are you a fan of textured polishes or are you sick of seeing them. Hopefully you're not sick of them because I still have more to show you! Let me know what you think in the comment section below.

Thank you for reading! 
Please subscribe or visit me on my Facebook page.
I'm also on InstagramTwitter, and Pinterest.


-Mira
                                                            Follow on Bloglovin
*The products in this post were provided for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.