Sunday, May 12, 2013

Cult Nails In the Garden Collection Part 2

Hi Everyone! I'm back with the rest of the polishes from the In the Garden Collection by Cult Nails. This was the part of the collection I was really excited about. I bought the whole collection during the presale and figured I'd use the orange and yellow for nail art. Turns out that I really loved the bright colors and am glad I picked them all up. 


Cult Nails Kiss My Rose Bush
This is a pretty standard barbie pink. If it weren't for the wax finish, 
I wouldn't have been interested because I already have polish similar to this color. 
The formula was a bit difficult to work with. It was on the thick side and was a little gooey. It doesn't self level well so you have to get a smooth coat on your own. I used two thick coats leaving plenty of dry time in between to prevent dragging. I really want to love this and am hoping that thinner will do the trick. 

Here it is with Cult Nails Wicked Fast Top Coat. If you haven't tried this top coat yet, I highly recommend it. It ties with Seche Vite as my favorite top coat. I use Seche Vite more because it's cheaper and easier to get. Whenever I order from Cult Nails, I usually throw in a bottle of Wicked Fast. It doesn't have the problem with shrinking that Seche Vite can have as far as I know. It's amazing!


Cult Nails Let's Get Dirty
I wasn't sure how I'd feel about Let's Get Dirty. I'm loving the wax finishes Cult Nails has been doing but needed to try it on to see how it looked with my skin tone. I really love this polish a lot more than I expected to! The formula was excellent and only needed two thin coats for opacity. 

When you put a top coat on, a silver shimmer pops out that makes this polish even more fantastic. 


Cult Nails Morning Glory
I saved my favorite for last, Cult Nails Morning Glory. It's a beautiful deep magenta that dries to a wax finish. The formula was a little thick but it applied without any problems (I used two coats). Isn't this gorgeous? I'm in love.


One coat of top coat (Wicked Fast) turns Morning Glory into a rich and juicy shade that is to die for. Look at how shiny it is! 

All of the polishes from this collection are still available on shop.cultnails.com. Their next collection, Dance All Night is available for presale right now through May 18th. On May 19th, the collection will be available to purchase for regular price. 

What do you think about wax finishes? Do you love them or hate them? Let me know in the comments below. I'm obviously loving it! 

Thanks for reading!

Please subscribe and visit me on my Facebook page!

-Mira

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Great swatches! I have one on the way to me - need to get the others soon. ')

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I don't get very much natural light in my house and am getting frustrated with my pictures. You're comment made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pink! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.