Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Cult Nails In the Garden Collection Part 1

Cult Nails recently released a Spring collection named, In the Garden. It consists of five vibrant shades of polish. Three shades have a waxy finish like Cult Nails Fetish and two are cremes. Today, I'm going to show you the two cremes. 


Cult Nails Ay Poppy!
 Maria (founder of Cult Nails) describes Ay Poppy! as traffic cone orange and I can't think of a better way to describe it. It's bright, rich, and fabulous. It's formula is perfection. It applies smoothly and dries quickly. I used two coats and topped it off with Cult Nails Wicked Fast top coat. If you love orange, this is a must have. It would also be amazing for nail art. You may remember my cartoon nails which featured Ay Poppy! 


 Cult Nails You're My Dandy Lion
This yellow blew my mind. Yellows are notorious for having difficult formulas. They apply streaky and patchy and usually need several coats to smooth them out. Not this one! I don't know how Maria did it but this was almost a one coater for me. My pinky was a one coater with it being so small. The rest only needed two coats. I about died when I swatched this polish. There is a tiny bit of shimmer that you can see in the bottle but it doesn't translate on the nail. I think the shimmer helped the formula if I remember correctly. Now, yellows look pretty awful on my pasty skin tone. I plan on using this for nail art. If you need a yellow, this is a must have just for the formula alone. 


What do you think of the collection so far? I saved my favorites for part 2 which are the polishes that have a waxy finish. *swoon*

Thanks for reading!
Please subscribe and visit me on my Facebook page.

-Mira 


Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.