Friday, January 27, 2012

OPI Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday

I had no intentions of buying anything from the OPI Nicki Minaj collection. It isn't anything against Nicki, although she isn't my cup of tea. I just felt that there wasn't anything special in this collection. When I saw them in person at Ulta my mind quickly changed. I now love all of the polishes, with the exception of Did it on 'Em (yellowy green color). I've read a lot about how they resemble the Shrek Collection. That was before my polish addiction began so I don't have any of those in my collection to compare.

Today I'm going to show you Pink Friday. Pink isn't my go to color by any means but something drew me to this shade. It's very bubble gum pink, loud, and not my style but it's cute and fun. I'm trying to push out of my comfort zone when it comes to polish so I wanted to give this a try. I'm glad I did, it's really fun!


I'm surprised by how much I like this shade of pink. As much as I love the color, I'm not a fan of the formula. The formula is on the runny side and needed three coats to reach opacity. I can still see a bit of my nail line but it isn't enough to bother me. You can't tell in this picture but there were a few patchy bald spots toward the bottom of my nail. I didn't wait as long as I should have in between coats which is probably the cause of that. Despite the problems with the formula, I would recommend this polish.  Give it more time to dry before applying the next coats and it should be fine.

Here are some layering combos for your viewing pleasure. ; )

Index Finger: OPI - Superbass Shatter
Middle Finger: OPI - Save Me
Ring Finger: Essie - A Cut Above 
Pinky: Essie - Pure Pearlfection



 Essie - A Cute Above: I wasn't sure I'd like this combo, I thought it would be too much pink but I think it works! 
Essie - Pure Pearlfection: I couldn't get my camera to pick up the beautiful shimmer of Pure Pearlfection. Trust me, it's gorgeous. =/

Save me is SOOO beautiful in person. There is blue and holographic bar glitter along with smaller pieces of silver glitter. I didn't think I'd like this one at all but when I saw how much is sparkles in person, I couldn't resist. 
Party on my nails! 

Which combo do you like the best? Would you rock Pink Friday? 

Thanks for reading! Please subscribe and comment, I love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. I like the superbass shatter the best! I know pink is out of your comfort zone but it is SO in mine! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.