Sunday, October 23, 2011

Spider Webs with a Twist

I finally moved everything over to the new blog. Yay! As you can see, I'm still in a Halloweeny mood. =)

Here's my latest manicure:



I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out. I was going to do spiders but decided against it at the last minute. I just couldn't bring myself to put spiders on my nails. Spiders absolutely freak me out! I know I know, it's just nail art. I had to put something in the webs so I put in rhinestones. Makes sense right? No? I've never used rhinestones before so I wasn't sure how I'd like it. I sense a new obsession. Good thing there are a ton of rhinestones in the wheel I ordered!

For the base color I used China Glaze - Concrete Catwalk. I love love love this color. It's a dark grey creme polish with a blue tone which is what I love about it. It applied very smoothly and was completely opaque in two coats. You could probably get away with one thick coat.

The spider image came from Bundle Monster plate #13 which was stamped with Zoya's Snow White. The lines in the image are very delicate. I think the Konad Special Polish was too thick for this image, I had a hard time transferring it. Has anyone used this image with that polish? I'm curious if that's what the problem was.

The rhinestones came from this wheel: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005BF1M10

I used Seche Vite for my top coat this time.

Last but not least, my inspiration for this design: http://www.scrangie.com/2011/10/silver-spiders-halloween-manicure.html

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Cuuute! I think this one is my fave Halloween one so far! And I think the rhinestones look awesome with it btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's my favorite too. =)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.