Sunday, October 23, 2011

Haunted Village

Hi Everyone! I tried sponging today for the first time. It was a lot of fun but extremely messy. I also thought it would be fun to throw in a white haunted house but I think it looks unfinished. I got this idea from a lot of nail tutorials and pictures that are floating around right now. I think the one that inspired me the most was from here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRq2a2joFvc  I can't believe she free handed her nails, they are amazing. I do not freehand. I used nail stamping plates to get my images. =)



This is what I used:

China Glaze - Urban-Night (Metro Collection) This was my base color and you can't see it. I used it to make my other colors more opaque.

China Glaze - Grape Juice (Summer Days Collection) I sponged on this color first. I'm also holding the bottle in the pictures. I consider this a must have.

China Glaze - Recycle (ECollection) I used this to sponge on the ground.

OPI - Skull & Glossbones (Pirates of the Caribbean Collection) I also sponged on this color for the lighter parts of my sky.

China Glaze - Happy Go Lucky (Up & Away Collection) I used my dotting tool to put in the windows lights and other details. I learned that a toothpick or a detail brush (mine is coming any day now) would work better for something so small. <=)

Konad Special Polish in Black and White for stamping with Bundle Monster Plates #213 & #224.

I've been using Poshe Top Coat lately and really like it. If you ever spot it (I got mine at Ulta) pick it up. It dries within minutes.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.