Sunday, October 30, 2011

Challenge Day 1 - Red Nails

Yay, I did the first challenge day on time. =) This wasn't much of a challenge for me. Red is my favorite color. My nail polish collection reflects my love of red. I had to make the conscious decision to stop buying red polish when I realized the lack of variety I had. It only helped a little...I just buy more polish. ;)
For today's challenge, I was torn between two reds that I haven't tried yet so I put them together. 

No flash

Flash
The solid shade of red is Zoya's Colbie. It may be my favorite red along with OPI's I'm Not Really a Waitress. Colbie is absolutely stunning. It's a deep red that looks slightly black around the edges. There's a faint shimmer or pearl effect that is only noticed outdoors.The sparkle you see on top of Colbie in my picture with the flash is not apart of the polish. It was accidentally transferred from the glitter nails when I put on my top coat. Woops! I liked it so I let it be.  ;p

I used OPI's Gettin Miss Piggy with It on my ring finger and thumb. It's my favorite of the glitter polishes from The Muppets collection so far. I haven't tried them all yet but the fact that it's red makes it an easy win in my book. It doesn't have as much silver glitter as the other glitters which I like....although it could just be my bottle. I'm not really into the silver glitter in this collection. What do you think about it? I did layer this on top of Colbie. I feel that the Muppet glitters are to sparse and take too many layers to make opaque. I prefer to put a matching color underneath as a base color.

I used Seche Vite for my top coat, I prefer it when using glitter. It took two coats on top of my glittery nails to smooth them out.

Tomorrow is orange which is not my favorite. In fact, I only have one shade. Can I use my Halloween nails and cheat? Ok ok, I'll play fair. ;)

Thanks for reading! Hopefully I'll have Day 2 posted tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Cute! I love red nails too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red is also my favorite! In color and in nail polish!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.