Saturday, July 20, 2013

Mint Mani For Talia Joy

Today's post is going to be a little different. It's not really about the nail polish. It's about a member of the Beauty/Makeup/Nail Blogging community that passed away this week. Many of you may already know who Talia is and may be rocking your mint manis today. If not, let me fill you in a little about Talia and how she touched my heart. 

Talia was a successful YouTuber who was battling cancer at the young age of 13. She was a very talented makeup artist who said that makeup was her wig. She was an upbeat, positive, and happy kid despite her trials. She inspired many including me. Being a person with chronic pain, I tend to get depressed and sometimes angry about the things I am missing out on in life. Let me be very clear, I'm not comparing what I'm going through with my health with someone who has cancer. When I stumbled across her channel, I was immediately sucked in by her adorable personality. Then I started thinking about how I need to work on being more positive and go for the things I want despite what is going on with my body. In the words of Miss Talia Joy, I decided to "just keep swimming"and with a smile on my face. 

The last picture Talia posted of her nails was of a mint colored mani. The nail art community decided to honor her by wearing mint manis today (technically yesterday). I posted my mani on Instagram and Facebook and am just now getting to my actual blog. *doh*

This picture is from my iphone and before I put on cuticle oil. When I went to take pictures with my camera, I bumped my nails and found out that they were not yet completely dry. My mani was ruined and I am so glad I took this picture with my phone. Phew!

Essie Sign of the Times
Zoya Wednesday, Essie Sign of the Times, Cult Nails Wax That, and heart rhinestone from KISS and Nail Art Society. 

I hope we will continue to remember Talia and her amazing attitude. 

Thanks for reading!
Please subscribe and visit me on my Facebook page!

-Mira

*Some products in this post were provided for review. 

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Pretty nail polish and I agree, she was a pretty special and amazing girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely mint manicure for Talia.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated! Please be respectful, comments with links will be deleted.